You can make your laundry room more efficient and pleasing whether it is just a small closet or a big and spacious area or just a room that is next to the garage. Proper layout design combined with smart storage for your laundry room will make your laundry time reduced in half. Oftentimes, a laundry room looks drab, messy and cluttered. In home improvement, decorating it is always the least of priorities but if laundry time is becoming stressful and tiring already, it is time for you to think of redecorating it. There are some ways to make your laundry room more appealing and cleaning clothes less time consuming.
- Liven up a drab laundry room by painting your laundry room with a bright, bold color like bright yellow and green or you can also try wallpapering it in a bright pattern to enliven it up.
- Dress up your laundry room curtains with bold printed chintz curtain and use uniform lighting like ceiling lights fixtures to illuminate the room.
- Buy beautiful decorative wicker baskets or storage bins for storing dirty laundry and pick up strewn clothes to make it neat and tidy. Install hooks on the back of the laundry room door for hanging two cloth laundry bags, one for storing colored clothes and another for whites. Don’t buy plenty of storage racks and boxes that you will not need because it will only make a lot of clutter for it will only take up your space.
- Install storage cabinets to keep all the laundry items like detergent, fabric softener and other laundry supplies. All products and items that you use regularly should be kept within easy reach and store those items that are used less frequently in high shelves. Wall-mounted racks and shelves make it easy to get clutter off the floor and find items quickly when you need them.
- If you have limited space, place the dryer on top of your front loading washing machine and if you are thinking of investing in a new washer and dryer, buy a washer and dryer combo. The washer or the dryer should be accessible to all members of the family. A wash and dryer combination takes up less space, so it can be conveniently placed in smaller areas. To avoid laundry backup, make sure the machine can dry as much as it can wash. Although dryers are time savers, some clothes require drip-drying, you can have a drying rack or hanging rods located near the floor drain areas.
- Make neat little covers that protect the dryers and washers from dust whenever you’re out on a long holiday.
- One of the best ideas for your laundry room is to have a sink inside the laundry room where you can hand wash your delicate clothes like undergarments and sweaters.
- Make sure that the laundry room floor is slip resistant and best laundry room surfaces are natural stone ceramic and linoleum. These materials don’t mold easily and can to a large extent resist stains.
With these great laundry room ideas and some creative thinking and careful planning, you can create a very efficient and tidy laundry room.
No related posts.