House cleaning is an easy task if all of the members of the family have a certain duty to do. Getting your spouse and your kids to help and cooperate is a popular technique to minimize the time and effort spent in house cleaning. Make the most of your free time for your other activities instead of using all your time everyday in cleaning your home by following these time saving tips.
- Cleaning your house regularly is the best way to speed up your house cleaning and keep your home free from clutter. Having a regular schedule like after all the children had gone to school or after dinner and before going to bed will surely train the kids on how to maintain orderliness.
- Remind them that after taking a shower wipe down the shower walls, shower fixtures and tub quickly and wipe the sink and mirror after using them in the morning. Replace all toothpaste caps after brushing and rinse the sink to prevent build up.
- Assign someone who will clear up the kitchen table and wipe it clean after every meal. Dishes, pots or pans should not be left sitting around and wash them in the sink or load the dishwasher after every meal. Arrange the dining furniture on their proper places like the dining chairs after cleaning the kitchen.
- Never leave food or drinks lying around to avoid messy spills. Wipe spills immediately to prevent unsightly looking water stains especially on glass tables. Store and keep cleaning supplies handy in different rooms like paper towels, cleaning sprays and other cleaning essentials so you will not get lazy or put off the task for the next day if the thought of lugging the cleaning supplies up and down the stairs makes you tired.
- Make organizing all the items like books, strewn clothes and toys a nightly activity and before going to bed so you won’t wake to clutter and be stressed. Teach them the habit of returning things to their proper places after use.
- Let grown up family members take care of their laundry so it will not be added to your household chore anymore.
- Avoid repetitive cleaning by cleaning a surface from top to bottom because cleaning from the bottom or in circles will only cause stains or dirt on the cleaned area.
- Always sweep the floor or dust the area before mopping because mopping a dirty floor or surface will only leave dirt streaks on it.
- Make a checklist for all the parts of the house that needs to be organized and cleaned and schedule a date for spring cleaning so you will not miss anything when you go about your cleaning duties. A checklist will also give you a clear idea of how to go about house cleaning and how much time you will need to spend on it.
Doing house work is not an easy task but you can make it an easy one if you distribute the work among family members and let them feel that house cleaning is much more easy and fun if you work as a team.